Saturday, August 10, 2013

Dig These Jams: CVURCHES - Gun

Scottish trio CHVRCHES (pronounced Churches) has danced its way into my heart with their infectious synth pop tunes. Their latest single, "Gun", is altogether too catchy to contain these dark lyrics crooned by the adorable and petite frontwoman Lauren Mayberry, "Hide, hide, I have burned your bridges/I will be a gun/and it's you I'll come for". The dichotomy between bubblegum pop beats and the emotional lyrics in their music is stunning. Hear it for yourself:



Their first full-length record, "The Bones of What You Believe", will be released on the 23rd of September. They are also kicking off a stateside tour this fall including show dates in major Southern cities. I really hope to see them live in November in Dallas at the South Side Ballroom.


Comment and let me know how you feel about this Jam!


No comments:

Post a Comment