Friday, August 9, 2013

Beauty Product Review: Philosophy Microdelivery Peel


Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel is a "two-step, in-home peel that resurfaces and rejuvenates sun-damaged, hyperpigmented, and aging skin". Of course I don't have "aging skin" necessarily, but I've heard that it's never too early to start an anti-aging skincare regimen.  I'm a longtime fan of Philosophy's products. Their Hope In A Jar is the only moisturizer that has ever saved my skin against harsh Texas prairie winds. This kit includes a small jar of vitamin c/peptide crystals and a container lactic/salicylic acid activating gel. I picked up a sample of this stuff at my local Ulta and I decided to give it a try for a quick skin pick-me-up!


The first photo shows my skin with the vitamin c/peptide crystal "mask" on it.
The second photo shows the "foaming" effect around my jawline that indicates that the activating gel is working.

The first step is the vitamin c/peptide crystal "mask". The coverage of the solution is very sheer but it has the granulated texture of the crystals to exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin cells. Massage a teaspoon sized dollop of this into your skin for 60 seconds before moving on to the second step, the lactic/salicylic acid activating gel. Put another teaspoon sized bit of gel over the crystals and let it work for about 2-3 minutes. Check your email, organize your bathroom cabinet. The gel creates a warming sensation and "foams" up in reaction to the peptide crystals. Then come back and thoroughly rinse off the peel with water. You're all done, in only four minutes! Pat your face dry and beam at your renewed skin!

Unedited, no makeup photo taken after the peel. I have bright, clear, soft, gorgeous skin! Thanks Philosophy!

The best thing about The Microdelivery Peel is the smell, or lack-there-of. While other DIY skin peels smell like chemicals, the vitamin c/peptide crystals product smells like fresh, citrusy oranges. It's relaxing and you can really feel the tingling while the vitamin c works its magic. Another MAJOR benefit is the exfoliation of the crystals. I have small, but deeply embedded blackheads and they completely disappeared after the Microdelivery Peel! And my sensitive skin isn't red or irritated! It's a summer day miracle!The verdict on Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel? The price runs about $40 per kit, but I think it's totally worth it because the quality of product you're purchasing is excellent. A little, teaspoon sized bit goes a long way with this stuff. Plus, if you factor in what you could be paying for similar spa facial treatments, you're getting a deal. I will definitely be buying a full sized kit whenever my samples run out!

                                              Happy exfoliation!

No comments:

Post a Comment