|A huge, freshly baked hunk of the bread and my little red Crockpot that could, Scarlett!|
A Hint of Honey said that she adapted it to her liking, then I modified it as well using her recipe and this crockpot bread recipe, so here's a double adapted and double delicious Rosemary Olive Oil Crockpot Bread recipe!
Rosemary Olive Oil Crockpot Bread
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp. organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp. active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. House blend or Italian seasoning (I used the House Blend from Archer Farms brand from Target that has marjoram, fennel, thyme, cilantro, ginger, anise seed, dried onion, dried garlic, and ground mustard)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup bread flour
- In a large bowl, combine the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let sit 10 minutes to proof. Meanwhile, preheat your Crockpot to the high setting.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, rosemary, seasoning, olive oil, and whole wheat flour. Add the bread flour and stir until the flour is fully incorporated and sticky.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes, adding more flour as necessary to prevent sticking, until smooth.
- Form the dough into a round loaf. Place it on a flour dusted piece of foil, no rise time needed. If you prefer a fluffier, less dense bread cover and let rise for about an hour.
- Place the bread loaf in the foil into the crockpot. Cover with another piece of foil, then cover with the lid.
- Bake in the crockpot for 1-2 hours or until the top sounds hollow when tapped and there are no remaining soft bits.