Monday, October 7, 2013

Dig These Jams: Andy Bull - Keep On Running

This jam has been on heavy rotation lately in my apartment. Like, on repeat pretty much all of the time. It's been out since February, but I've just now run across it, and at the perfect time too. "Keep On Running" is by Andy Bull, a little known alt-pop singer based in Sydney, Australia. The repetitive beats and carefree pop sounds appeal to even the most lecture exhausted ears.


The song, which was apparently produced and created completely by Bull himself, has highly relatable lyrics and a hook that's a dead-ringer description of my mid-semester feelings about time management; "I tried so hard it isn't funny/Tell me how I, how I should have done it/And I keep on looking/Will you tell me something/How long do I have to keep on running, running?".

Like many of you, my schedule is insane. I have sorority responsibilities, deadlines to meet as a student journalist, studying for midterms to do, papers to write, and near literal mountains of portfolio artworks due at the end of each week. Sometimes you just have to remember to take the time out of your busy schedule to kick back and listen to a good jam.


Comment and let me know how you feel about this Jam!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I've just fallen in love with this song. Thank you for sharing.

    Madeline | Ring-a-Round a Rosey | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete