Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Welcome to The Crafty Collegiette!

Hello, my name is Beaty Richardson (pronounced Bay-tee, AKA Bea, as in the letter B) and I am an 18 year old college student majoring in Public Relations at the University of Texas at Arlington in Arlington, Texas. Born and raised in neighboring "Cowtown" Fort Worth, Texas, I enjoy all things crafty. I love sewing, creating, and connecting with others through a mutual love of making. I am The Crafty Collegiette. Lovely to meet you all!

Photo courtesy of Sharon Cleveland. She's an excellent photographer and so easy to work with. I recommend her highly if you live in the North Texas area!
I first realized I wanted to blog when I was only 15 years old. I had a very brief stint running a blog called Healthy Obsessions (now defunct), photographing street style and writing about fashion. I loved the support I received and the relationships I fostered through my old blog so, now, three years later, with graphic design experience and two years of fashion design courses under my belt, I am rebranding myself as a DIY and lifestyles blogger.

On The Crafty Collegiette, you can expect DIY tutorials, fashion posts, movie & music reviews, and of course, plenty of articles about being a college student- from experiencing Greek rush to navigating life as a university student. I hope you find this blog entertaining, endlessly helpful, and enjoyable. I am very much looking forward to sharing my ideas with you all!


Welcome to The Crafty Collegiette! Stay and craft awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment